Monday, June 8, 2009

We have arrived at Villalón de Campos

We have had an extremely relaxing day today, well... compared to the past couple of days anyway. We arrived in Villalón de Campos, which meant a total trip of some 70 Km's. We got a little lucky as most of the way we were supported by a fairly strong back wind. We did get our fair share of rain, but it did not bother us as much as perhaps the first day. The sky was scattered with rain clouds and both Frans and I thought we could outsmart and bypass this one particularly dark and nasty one. We failed miserably, an consequently got drenched to the bone. We looked for some shelter in an old ruin, something that used to be a church in a small village called Moral de la Reina. As if things were not bad enough, I decided to relieve myself against the ruin. Naturally the rain started coming down even stronger. Such blasphemy. Frans had to change back to his rain gear, but luckily by this time we only had some 15 Km's to go.

The B&B we checked into is out of this world. A complete contrast to last night's "hotel". We were thinking of displaying our new found skills of burping family tunes like "She'll be coming around the mountain.." but we figured our host might not be too impressed.

For those of you that have been a little concerned with yesterday's picture of me, in which I looked exhausted: I am actually doing quite well. See above picture of my freshly shaven face basking in the sun.

On the map you may be able to see where we are. Villalón is just north west of Palencia.

Frans and I are enjoying a wonderful and rich bottle of Ribera de Duero on the terrace and I decided to re-read Catcher in the Rye, but the Spanish translation which I quite like.

Tomorrow we are heading to León, quite looking forward to that as I hear it is an amazing city.

Hasta la próxima
Douwe

Enviado desde mi BlackBerry® de Vodafone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mik.douwe@gmail.com